The human body is a complex system that will send signals when something is wrong and needs to be fixed. The body’s alarms go off when there is an accumulation of harmful toxins that threatens to create problems with the internal systems. When you start feeling like things are out of balance, you can try a detoxification diet to get your body back on track.
Toxins come from the foods and drinks we consume and the environmental factors that surround us. Here are some telltale signs that your body may be due for a purifying detox:
- Sluggishness – When you feel lethargic, your liver may be bogged down by toxins. People tend to feel listless and weary when their liver cannot properly perform its functions.
- Fatigue – When you wake up feeling exhausted, even after a long sleep the previous night, you may be due for a cleanse.
- Fluid retention or congested sinuses – If your body does not properly eliminate toxins through the urinary system, things could get clogged up.
- Abdominal bloating – Bloating is caused by gas in the stomach and the intestines, which can come from improperly digested food.
- Insomnia – The inability to fall asleep or to go back to sleep after waking in the middle of the night can indicate toxins in the body.
When you feel the symptoms of accumulated toxins weighing down your body, consider detoxifying. Determine your needs and what you want to accomplish. You might choose a fast-acting detox, such as a one-hour detox, or a one-week detox.
There are various types of detox products available, ranging from herbal cleanses to fast-acting drinks and detox kits, for different levels of toxin accumulation.