November is National Healthy Skin Month. People are encouraged to understand how to keep skin healthy, especially in preparation for the harsh winter months ahead.
People take different steps to keep their skin radiant, hydrated, and youthful. They may use different creams and lotions or spend a lot of money on skin treatments. Skin detox is one way to support healthy skin by removing impurities and toxins. Skin detox does not require expensive treatment at the salon. It is something that you can easily do in the comfort of your home.
Take the following steps to purify your skin:
- Dry brush the skin – Brushing your body using a dry, natural bristle brush may improve blood circulation and stimulate the lymphatic system to release toxins. It can also reduce skin puffiness and cellulite, enhance muscle tone, and encourage skin cell renewal. Dry brushing is most effective in the morning before you get in the shower.
- Cleanse with detoxifying cleanser – Choose a natural, chemical-free skin cleanser. Avoid using harsh soaps and coarse scrubs.
- Take a detox bath – Soaking in a detox bath for about 20 minutes three times a week may help clear pollutants from your skin pores. You can prepare your detox bath using Epsom salt and baking soda or Epsom salt with ginger.
- Apply a clay mask twice a week – The application of natural clay, such as montmorillonite clay, may help detoxify the skin. The clay has a negative charge, which will attract the positive charge of the skin impurities.
- Fight damaging pollutants and skin damage – Once you have detoxified your skin, avoid damage from free radicals by using products that protect the skin.
Complement your skin regimen with a detoxifying diet. Check the nutrition labels of the foods that you eat. Avoid excessive sugar, and consider taking a regular detox pill or herbal detox drinks from Pure Detox.